July 3, 2018
Tomorrow, Downtown Jersey City will become the epicenter of New Jersey’s Independence Day celebration, as the neighborhood hosts its annual Fourth of July Experience.
With Lenox located a short walk from the daylong celebration, which will take place along the Hudson River waterfront near Exchange Place, the excitement is growing among residents. For anyone planning to attend the celebration for the first time, here’s a taste of what you can expect, and following are some things to keep in mind:
• The festivity will begin at noon with a full-scale carnival, continuous entertainment, several beer gardens, and a conglomerate of food trucks.
• You should bring cash and debit card for food, drinks and rides (there will be ATMs will be located on the festival grounds), and clear bags for belongings (all bags are subject to search).
• Things that will NOT be permitted at the event include outside alcoholic beverages, coolers, chairs and umbrellas.
• In terms of getting around, Lenox residents will enjoy a leisurely stroll to the waterfront, but if friends or family are visiting from outside Jersey City, public transportation will be the best choice. Public parking will be limited and subject to availability, and vehicular traffic will be restricted to only Jersey City residents with valid identification in any areas past the police checkpoints. (See a map of the festival grounds below.)
• Snoop Dogg… 8 p.m. at the #50STAR stage at the foot of Montgomery Street and Exchange Place… Enough said!
• The show will culminate with the world-renowned fireworks company Grucci lighting up the skyline from multiple barges on the Hudson River. (We expect that many Lenox residents will be home by this time, enjoying an amazing view of the “50 Star Fire Show” from our rooftop deck!)
Stay safe, everyone. The Lenox management team looks forward to seeing you there!